Can't find FieldStudio.

Knowledge exchange related to dycodoc, the visual form and document designer

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

Can't find FieldStudio.

Postby nicolasBBS » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:57 am

Hello,

Thank you for your answer to my previous post. I'm always thinking about purchasing Enterprise Edition of Dycodoc + VPE, and I'm always trying some functionalities on the trial version to confirm that I can do what I need.
But I can't find FieldStudio utility (I can't find how to run it in the manual) , so I'm not able to create any datasource. I have seen that I could modify/add fields in existing sample2.dcd file using Dycodoc interface, but I can't add fields in new dcd documents.
And I have a second question : what is the internal format of .fld files ? And how to include them in a .dcd document ? Maybe I could see myself if I had one... Because I'm interested to generate .fld files myself from my data components.

Best regards,

Nicolas.
nicolasBBS

Re: Can't find FieldStudio.

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:45 pm

FieldStudio has been removed and is now integrated into dycodoc. In the field definitions pane you can create new tables and fields. The file format is now fldx and is XML.
IDEAL Software Support

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:50 pm

PS: You need to install the VPE SDK (trialvpee32.exe, which is in the zip file you have downloaded) in order to enable the field editing functionality in dycodoc.
IDEAL Software Support

Postby nicolasBBS » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:47 pm

Ok, I hadn't installed trialvpee32.exe yet, and with VPE SDK installed on my computer I can edit fields.
fldx file format is exactly what I need, so this is a great software, I'll purchase as soon as I have the authorization of my boss !

Best regards,

Nicolas.
nicolasBBS

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:08 pm

Thank you for the feedback.
IDEAL Software Support

Return to DCD Open Forum