fldx VPE6 New Field

Knowledge exchange related to dycodoc, the visual form and document designer

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

fldx VPE6 New Field

Postby jmac12 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:57 pm

Hi,

I'm moving from VPE3.5 to VPE6 and we have lot of dcd files that point at the same fld file.

I know that now the fields are embedded within dcd file in version 6. So what does this mean for changes to Field defintions?

Before I would add a new field to the fld and then the templates would all bring the new field through as they where all looking at the same file.

Now Would I have to go round every template and delete fields and add them again via a fldx? or is there a quicker way?

Thanks
jmac12

Re: fldx VPE6 New Field

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:44 pm

There are two buttons in the toolbar of the Field Definitions pane, to import and export field definitions of a whole table.
IDEAL Software Support

Postby jmac12 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:49 am

yes I understand about exporting and importing but I've got to go round and do this for every template everytime I add a new field. Is there not a better way to do this?
jmac12

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:19 pm

There is no better way. We did not expect that a user might be changing table definitions that often.

With v2.0 of dycodoc, it was our goal to provide a file format for DCD / TPL documents, so that all images, as well as all table definitions, are embedded within a single file. This makes file management, versioning - and the distributioon of files to end users (i.e. your customers), much easier. It is also much less error prone, i.e. end users can not delete accidentally external files and make DCD / TPL files useless.
IDEAL Software Support

Return to DCD Open Forum