Using Template and Add Fields dynamically

Knowledge exchange related to dycodoc, the visual form and document designer

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

Using Template and Add Fields dynamically

Postby KHentschel » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:54 am

Hello,

long time ago you say that the DycoDoc will be extended with a Kind of Report Generator that can handle tables. It seemed that this will not be here in the next future.

I have a Document where most of the Fields are static. The underlaying Data is a Table and so i have to fill the Document dynamically with 1 to n lines... also with a pagebreak. I know that i handle this completly with the VPE API, but can i do this also with a mix of DycoDoc and the API?

Thank you for your support.

Best regards

Klaus
KHentschel

Re: Using Template and Add Fields dynamically

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:46 pm

Static parts - like headers and footers - can be defined using dycodoc. You can dump those directly into a VPE document.

For dynamic tables, you can use dycodoc to define the positions of objects that shall belong to a dynamic table, so this can be used by end-users to define the layout of a report.

At runtime you query the objects by name (so each object has a unique fixed name by convention) and retrieve their positions. Afterwards you set in the template their printable-property = false and start to insert objects by code at the given positions, using the VPE API. Creating such a dynamic table with the VPE API is a snap.

The top and bottom space for a dynamic table can also be defined, by using two horizontal named line-objects (one for the top border, and one for the bottom border).
IDEAL Software Support

Return to DCD Open Forum