Problem with WMF-Files and PDF-Export

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

Problem with WMF-Files and PDF-Export

Postby SKARTO » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:45 pm

Hi at all,

in the preview the picture from a WMF file is shown in high quality, even when printing it out is very good, but when exporting to a PDF file it will be very grainy and it seemed to me that the embedded thumbnail/bitmap is then exported. Someone here whoe has similar experiences?

Thanks

Thomas

EDIT: Virtual Print Engine v6.10 SDK Windows x86 32-Bit Ansi Professional Edition
SKARTO

Re: Problem with WMF-Files and PDF-Export

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:46 pm

WMF and EMF files are embedded into exported PDF files as bitmaps. The resolution of the internally created bitmaps can be controlled with the property Vpe.DocExportPictureResolution. It is by default 300 DPI, which should be sufficient. If the WMF files are looking grainy in your exported PDF documents, make sure you have not set this property to a lower value.
IDEAL Software Support

Postby SKARTO » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:23 pm

Shure, beyond I've set explicit 300 dpi which is correct returned by VpeGetDocExportPictureResolution().
You will find examples at my mails some time ago.
SKARTO

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:43 am

If you think there is a bug in VPE, then please send a sample WMF by e-mail and we will analyze the problem. Please note that we will charge for our work, if there is no bug in VPE.
IDEAL Software Support

Return to VPE Open Forum