VPE Component not appearing in toolbox

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

VPE Component not appearing in toolbox

Postby christoffer » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:43 am

I recently purchased a developer license for VPE, and tried installing it. The installation seemingly went well, but now I can’t add the .NET component to the toolbox in VS2010. The component doesn’t appear in the list of .NET Framework Components when I click Choose Items on a tab. Anyone have an idea what the issue might be?

Language: C# (VS2010)
VPE version: 6.1.0.0
christoffer

Re: VPE Component not appearing in toolbox

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:58 pm

We do not know why the .NET VPE component is not shown in the list of available .NET components within VS 2010, since the component is installed in the global assembly cache and older versions of Visual Studio do show it. If someone has an idea, please post it.

But we found a workaround:
Click on "Choose item" and in the following dialog on "Browse". Then browse to the VPE component (in the folder "deploy" of the VPE installation directory) and select it. It is either "IDEALSoftware.VpeEnterprise.dll" or for ASP "IDEALSoftware.VpeWebEnterprise.dll".

Please note that the VPE C++ DLL is loaded internally into the .NET component. Therefore on 64-bit Windows you must turn on explicit 32-bit code generation for your application's project. The 64-bit C++ DLL and .NET component will be available soon.
IDEAL Software Support

Return to VPE Open Forum