Redistributing VPE

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

Redistributing VPE

Postby ldgkm » Sun May 09, 2010 11:33 am

Hi,
I've an application built with Microsoft Visual C++ using "VPE Standard Edition v3.60 R4", with a valid license key. The application
uses the VPE dll but when I build the release version and install it on a client machine the demo version banner appears on the VPE documents. I think I don't include all the redistributable files in my setup.
Could you tell me what files must I redistribute on client machines ? Must I redistribute all the files present in the "deploy" directory ?

Thanks a lot for your help
ldgkm

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Mon May 10, 2010 11:11 am

If you are using the VPE DLL (and not VPE .NET, or the VPE ActiveX), you need to call the function "VpeLicense()" to make the demo banners go away.

Only VPE v3.x:
If you are running VPE v3.x on a server, special server licenses are required. If the demo banners still appear, this might be related to special code which was in VPE v3.x in order to check if VPE is executed on a server. The exact conditions, for which VPE determines that it is executed on a server are described in the Programmer's Manual.

For VPE v4.0 and higher, we dropped server licenses and they are no longer required.
IDEAL Software Support

Return to VPE Open Forum