dycodoc and templates made in v1.10 using in the new version

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

dycodoc and templates made in v1.10 using in the new version

Postby ronnycolman » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:35 pm

we have installed the new version 6.0 (enterprise edition) and when I take a dcd (made in dycodoc 1.10 enterprise edition) and I open it in the new version 2.10 (entreprise edition) we get several problems:
> a dcd with fields in it and I will add a new field by clicking on insert fields button in the object properties ==> dycodoc quits without an error message
> insert a text on a dcd and then saving no tpl is generated and the dcd cannot be opend again and I get the error message 'unexpected file format'
> loading an existing template (without changing the dcd en tpl) in our Progress application, gives us the following error message "Error occured while accessing component property/method: LoadTemplate. VPEAX07: An underlaying VPE/API routine has failed. Possible causes: Invalid arguments, conversion of datatype impossible, out of memory, etc. Error code: 0x80020009 Proc_VpeLoadTemplate emgl997b.p (5890)"
ronnycolman

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:12 pm

loading an existing template (without changing the dcd en tpl) in our Progress application, gives us the following error message

This normal. The templates have to be converted into the new format - as explained in the Readme.txt installed with dycodoc v2.x. You can do this in batch mode.

Regarding the problems with the DCD files: Please send a DCD file which causes problems to our support e-mail address for examination. Please don't forget the keyword "VPE" in the subject, so it passes our spam filters.
IDEAL Software Support

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:53 pm

Update: The problem has been solved. It was not a problem of dycodoc, but a problem with wrong network file-access permissions at the customer's site.
IDEAL Software Support

Return to VPE Open Forum