Adding text online and is not in the vpe

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

Adding text online and is not in the vpe

Postby ronnycolman » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:51 pm

Start using Vpe 6.0 I'm want to add some text to a new page in an existing vpe.
> I open the vpe with OpenDoc()
> then I execure the ReadDoc()
> PageBreak()
> write(x1,x2,y1,y2,"text")

my original vpe was 1 page and after executing previous lines my vpe is 3 pages and the text is not added/viewable

What have I done wrong?

I added the 2 lines to transform the unit (unittransformation) mentioned in the release notes. But still when i execute a pagebreak and then write text to this new page , it is not visible.
Writing the same text on the same coordinates without a pagebreak my text is visible. I tried also to make my original vpe-file as a swapfile but also no text visible on the new page.
I searched on this forum and on the internet and I found that after a pagebreak the new page can becomes unchangeable. We have the entreprise edition installed on our machine, is this the professional edition which is alwzays referenced?
Last edited by ronnycolman on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
ronnycolman

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:47 pm

Please see the file "Release Notes" installed with VPE. It contains a section titled "Compatibilty Issues". After providing from 3/1999 until 8/2008 a fully compatible API, we had to do some major changes in order to support the new platforms like Mac OS X, Linux and Solaris.

In your case, I assume you are using the old 1/10th mm coordinate system, but VPE uses by default now centimeter units (which can also be switched to inch). This causes in your application an auto break and invisible text (placed outside the page).

VPE can be switched into v3.x compatibility mode by inserting two lines of code into your existing applications. For details, please see the file "Release Notes" installed with VPE.
IDEAL Software Support

Return to VPE Open Forum