Printing to A2, A1, A0

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

Printing to A2, A1, A0

Postby DDTech » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:13 pm

Hi,

one of my customers likes to print some of his reports on A2 or bigger format.
By manually setting .pagewidth /. pageheight this is no problem as all my reports are being dynamically rendered to the dimensions available.

However these formats are no valid .paperFormat constants and so .devPaperFormat returns 0 after .SetupPrinter() and standard A4 dimensions are returned.
The report then gets rendered to A4 dimensions and appears in a tiny little corner of the huge paper :-D

I found no way to detect the actual selected format. My Idea now is to manually inspect the .prs file in case .devPaperFormat returns 0, but found no information on the structure of that file (I can see the the format in there when opening the file via Editor, so the setting is there).

Thanks for any hint or other workaround for that?

(Version is VPE Enhanced, 3.1)

Thanks

Regards from Berlin

Frank
DDTech

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:45 pm

VPE v3.10 is 9 years old and we do not have in mind the behaviour of this version. Please download VPE v5.0. We changed the code around page formats several times over the years. With newer versions you should not use the Dev-Properties.

In the manual of VPE v5.0 the file format of the PRS file is also documented (see under "Printer Setup" in the help file titled "Programmer's Manual").
IDEAL Software Support

Postby DDTech » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:23 pm

Hi,

thanks for the reply

IDEAL Software Support wrote:VPE v3.10 is 9 years old...

Yes, it's just a good piece of software - like the good old beetle, runs and runs and runs .... :-D

IDEAL Software Support wrote:... and we do not have in mind the behaviour of this version.

Sure not. I understand that.

Actually I wanted to upgrade more than once but the upgrade prices where too high (no criticizing, just what I was able to spend compared to the benefit). But I have seen that pricing has changed.

IDEAL Software Support wrote:....Please download VPE v5.0. We changed the code around page formats several times over the years....

Thanks, I have already written an email concerning upgrade-conditions. I assume my (oldtimer)license-key does not work on the new one.

Thx

Frank Dietrich
DDTech

Postby DDTech » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:29 am

Works with Version 5!

Thanks,

Frank
DDTech

Return to VPE Open Forum