Possible issues with Windows 2003 64Bit

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

Possible issues with Windows 2003 64Bit

Postby shuttleworth » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:58 am

Hi,

We use VPE for our Progress application to create emails etc. We can run in-house on a 64bit 2003 machine with no problems, however, at a customer site, as soon as we try to generate the email, the progress application just shuts down. If I remove the vzlib32.dll file, the email generates, but we get an error message stating that vzlib32.dll could not be found.

I can only assume there is something conflicting a dll version or such like at this custmer site, but I have no idea what this could be....
shuttleworth

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:10 pm

Based on your problem description we have no idea what could be the cause for the problem. It sounds very strange. We would need to sit in front of the machine causing the problem, or send endless e-mails forth and back to find out the cause, which will be charged at our standard support fee.

But you are using VPE v3.50, released in October 2002. We recommend to update to the current version 5.0 of VPE.
IDEAL Software Support

Re: Possible issues with Windows 2003 64Bit

Postby DDTech » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:49 pm

shuttleworth wrote:We use VPE for our Progress application to create emails etc. We can run in-house on a 64bit 2003 machine with no problems, however, at a customer site, as soon as we try to generate the email, the progress application just shuts down...

Just a shot in the dark:

Is this running in terminal-Mode? I have three customers using one of my applications and after each update some ActiveX - Controls are only working under the Administrator-account and cause "control not registered" messages on all other accounts.

Lately we found that these controls where actually located under C\Documents and Settings\Administrator\.... although the setup-routine installed them to C:\windows\system32\. (no wonder they are not available to other users)

No idea yet why, but with that knowledge it's a matter of seconds to relocate them to a public place and re-register there.

HTH

Frank

* edit 2009-10-29
* this happens because the server had not been set to installation mode.
* The behavior is documented in the 2003 help file.
* call change user /install prior instalation and change user /execute
* afterwards
DDTech

Return to VPE Open Forum