License problem with vpectrl35

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

License problem with vpectrl35

Postby xandersmith » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:07 pm

I have a project I have been given to look over and check. It uses the vpectrl35.ocx (I cannot upgrade this to the current version as the project has to stay as it was designed at present) however we have a license for this product which is sat in the code (VB6) and is called from
Code: Select all
Call chVPE.License("<licence>","<key>")

However whenever I try to run this program in development environment I get the following error message
---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Basic
License information for this component not found. You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality in the design environment.
OK Help

I have checked this ocx with regsvr32.exe and get the following message when I register the ocx:
RegSvr32
DllRegisterServer in <path to ocx>\vpectrl35.ocx succeeded.
OK

The program works if I use the last built exe of the project, but I am unable to build/run the program in the design environment.

Should there be a separate license file in the directory with the ocx? or does something else need to be done?
xandersmith

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:31 pm

For VPE v3.50, the license method is called to register the external PDF Export Module. (In VPE v4.0 and higher this is not required, since the PDF Export Module is built-in.)

In order to to register the VPE-ActiveX for development purposes (i.e. Design-Time), you need to run the installer of VPE and enter the VPE license key. If you do not have anymore the installation program of VPE, please contact our support by e-mail (please put "VPE" into the subject).
IDEAL Software Support

Return to VPE Open Forum