Chart Options

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

Chart Options

Postby amait » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:18 am

I am assessing whether VPE will be a viable option to render client reports with multiple, complex charts, including pies, floating bar (similar to the wisker charts, but without the wiskers and with multiple plotted points within the floating bars), horizontal and vertical bars, scatter, and various financial charts. There are a few simple examples on the idealsoftware site, but not much in the way of charting samples. Is there a library of charts or samples we can view to make a decision regarding VPE's capabilities?

If we can build the charts, it looks like VPE is exactly what we need as a reporting solution.

Thank you!
amait

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:28 am

The VPE Professional Edition has a built-in charting library, which focuses on the basic business chart types (line, bar, stacked bar, area, pie, point).

Nevertheless, using the text and drawing functions of VPE, it is also possible to create more complex chart types, but there is no library to do so.
Last edited by IDEAL Software Support on Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
IDEAL Software Support

Postby amait » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:43 pm

Thank you for the quick reply. Is it possible to modify the charts in the library? For example, would I be able to remove the wiskers from the wisker chart?
amait

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:27 am

I recommend you download the fully functional trial version, which comes with all the manuals and which is not time-limited, to see for yourself what VPE can do for you.
IDEAL Software Support

Return to VPE Open Forum