Print Codebar - Missing info in online manual

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

Print Codebar - Missing info in online manual

Postby ggbce » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:01 pm

Hi,

I need to print a standard 1D 93 codebar in a VPE report (to create badge label), I read the online manual entirely this morning and I found nothing about how to write my code structure for barcode... ?

The only thing in the manual is about:

BarcodeThinBar = n

and

BarcodeThickBar = n

---------------------------

Please let me know how can I print a codebar !

NOTE: I use VPE35.DLL version (called in JavaScript) in a CAB file from ASP page to get online reports.
ggbce

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:35 pm

Our manuals are complete, as well as our online help.

You did also contact us by e-mail. You could not provide your license key until now. We are still waiting for it.

Regards
Thorsten Radde
IDEAL Software GmbH
IDEAL Software Support

Postby ggbce » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:40 pm

Hi,

Yes I can provide the licence key (by requesting it from our develloper provider), but anyway I found how to use barcode !

One of my programmer had an old copy of VPE 3.60 (vpedll.pdf or vpectrl.pdf) on his computer where everything about barcode is listed (NOTE: this part is not in VPE 4.x manual).

I call: VpeCtrl.Barcode(x1,y1,x2,y2,6,"string","");

When I did it and opened the file directly from IE browser (because I use a OBJECT) I got "Error: Couldn't find BarVisD.dll file".

If I save the file in .vpe format and use VpeView I can see the barcode correctly. I finally understand that BarVisD.dll file was in C:\Program Files\VpeView folder and the CAB file that I use didn't included this file.

I simply modified the CAB to add the BarVisD.dll file and add string in the .inf to associate it with VPE.

Now, everything work fine !
ggbce

Return to VPE Open Forum