Images showing incorrect colours

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

Images showing incorrect colours

Postby nc1264 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:28 am

We need to include images in our documents and I'm running into problems with the colours.

The images I need to include only contain white, black and red. When I do this on my development machine it looks fine and all colours are shown properly. I'm now doing this on our test server (running VPE3.5 Enterprise) and the red has turned into blue.

If I swap the colour of the picture from red to blue they show up in red in VPE (like it should be). The files are all type png's.

I have not tested this with jpg's or any other type. Do you have any idea why this is happening? Is this related to png files?

Is there a way to avoid this?
nc1264

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:09 am

Please send a sample file to our support e-mail address (don't forget "VPE" in the subject).

Regards
Thorsten Radde
IDEAL Software GmbH
IDEAL Software Support

Postby nc1264 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:48 pm

Thorsten,

by examining this further I have determined that there the flaw is in my application. When I create a new vpe-document and dump the png files they look fine.
I'm going to check my code first to see what it's doing. It is strange though that red turns into blue.

Thanks for your help. I will update this queue if I determine the cause.
nc1264

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:44 am

Are you using one and the same image file name over and over by overwriting the file with a new bitmap? This could be the cause and this is something you can not do, due to the caching of VPE.

Regards
Thorsten Radde
IDEAL Software GmbH
IDEAL Software Support

Return to VPE Open Forum