VPE 3.60 and PDF Printing demo banner

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

Postby Mark Powers » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:31 pm

I just upgraded from VPE 3.50 to VPE 3.60 and am using the VPEX3236.DLL to generate reports to PDF format. My PDF license is a new license and I didn't use it under VPE 3.50. I am using Visual DataFlex as the command language.

My problem is that if I run the report from an icon on my desktop or any normal way of running the report that is in my application, the PDF file gets generated correctly. But one of the main goals of getting the PDF license was to be able to generate our nightly (unattended) reports to PDF files for our sales people. When I run the EXE from the WINXP scheduler, I get the demo banners in the PDF file. I have tried this on two different machines (one a development machine and the other a users machine). The ONLY time I get the demo banner is when it is ran from the windows scheduler. Anyone have any ideals on what I can try to do to fix this??

Thanks
Mark
Mark Powers

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Tue May 02, 2006 10:28 am

This requires a server license. VPE identifies itself running as part of a service and therefore shows the demo banners.

Regards
Thorsten Radde
IDEAL Software GmbH
IDEAL Software Support

Postby Mark Powers » Tue May 02, 2006 2:44 pm

I'm not sure what the "server" license is you talk about. I see on the web site a standard, enhanced, and professional license - of which I have the enhanced. I also have purchased the PDF export module standard edition.
Mark Powers

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Tue May 02, 2006 5:03 pm

As the name implies, a server license is for use of VPE on servers. Further details can be found on our website. BTW, you can work around the problem by not executing VPE in the context of a service. In this case you don't need a server license. At least technically speaking. It depends on your real use of VPE, whether a server license is required or not, according to our licensing terms (http://idealsoftware.com/ev_fax_agreement.htm).

Regards
Thorsten Radde
IDEAL Software GmbH
IDEAL Software Support

Return to VPE Open Forum