RenderPicture - EMF files

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

RenderPicture - EMF files

Postby wincan » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:31 am

I've to print .EMF files. As they come in different sizes and I need to print them in a fix-sized box, so I use RenderPicture to compute the width and height before printing. However, the RenderPicture doesn't compute the size correctly everytime. The rendered size and width/height ration vary from the those of the orignial EMF files.

e.g. VPE.RenderPicture (VFREE, VFREE, "image.emf", PIC_KEEPIMAGE) should give the original size of image.emf
VPE.RenderPicture (685, VFREE, "image.emf", 4) should give the undistorted height of the file relative to the height of 6.85cm

I've a EMF file with size 18cmx20cm, but the rendered size is 9cmx14.84cm.

Can I send in the picture for you to have a look?

Thanks very much.
wincan

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:08 pm

Of course you can. Send it to our support e-mail address and put the keyword "VPE" in the subject line of your e-mail, so it will pass our spam filters.

Please note that we will charge for our working time, if this is not a bug in VPE. I expect the analysis will require about 6 support units (30 minutes). Therefore send your support account number with your e-mail. If your support account has not enough support units, please load your account with the required number of support units in advance. You can also send an e-mail and ask for your account balance.

Regards
Thorsten Radde
IDEAL Software GmbH
IDEAL Software Support

Return to VPE Open Forum