Demo version in C#

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

Demo version in C#

Postby cooper.zl » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:18 pm

I have a big problem with C# and demo banner. I installed VPE Interactive 3.6 R4, I enter license key for VPEI, then I said 'No PDF module key' and application was installed. Then I copy ONLY ONE assembly 'IDEALSoftware.VpeInteractive.dll' to my BIN folder and I'm referencing this file in my project. Everything is built and when I press Preview, DEMO is displayed.
I trace registry and every time I'm placing VPE control on my form, license key is loaded from registry - so I think everything MUST be working, but isn't.
Can you help me, please? Thanks for your answers and tips.
cooper.zl

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:34 pm

Do the C# demo projects shipped with VPE work? If so, do you have the correct "licenses.licx" file?

Regards
Thorsten Radde
IDEAL Software GmbH
IDEAL Software Support

Postby cooper.zl » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:29 pm

C# demo is working only for 50% ;o)
When I start demo from menu 'Template usage' demo banner is displayed as in my application. When I select 'Enhanced...' no demo banner is displayed. In my application I'm using templates too.
Licenses.licx file I know, but I don't know what must be there. I only have there informations about assembly, version and token.
cooper.zl

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:22 pm

You must REBUILD the solution so that the installed license key is used.

>>
In my application I'm using templates too.
<<

Make sure the templates are not marked as DEMO. Load the DCD document with your licensed version of dycodoc and save it (this also applies to the templates used by the demos), this regenerates the templates and marks them as licensed.

>>
Licenses.licx file I know, but I don't know what must be there.
<<

Look at the files shipped with the demos.

Regards
Thorsten Radde
IDEAL Software GmbH
IDEAL Software Support

Postby cooper.zl » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:46 am

Ok... now is everything working fine.
First of all I resave your demo template and DEMO banner was hidden - great! ;o) Then I modify your source code and MY template was displayed without banner.
Then I COMPLETELY destroy my form using VPE Control, removing all assembly references (from .csproj file) and I built form again - using Drag & Drop from VS2003 toolbox. Then I test it and - it works.
I want thank you for your posts. Bye!
cooper.zl

Return to VPE Open Forum