Borland Developer Studio 2006

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

Borland Developer Studio 2006

Postby iware » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:12 am

Does anyone know how to install VPE in Borland Developer Studio 2006 for use with C++ Builder?

/Ivar
iware

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:50 pm

We haven't tried this yet.

We will test it and we will let you know within the next days.

Regards
Thorsten Radde
IDEAL Software GmbH
IDEAL Software Support

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:23 pm

In order to install the VPE VCL in Borland Developer Studio for Delphi and C++ Builder, do the following:

- In the installation directory of VPE, open the subdirectory "Delphi"
- Open the file "VPEVCL5.DPK" with Notepad
- Change the following from:

requires
vcl50;

to

requires
vcl,
rtl;

- Save the file
- Run Borland Developer Studio and chose from the menu "File | Open Project" and open "VPEVCL5.DPK"
- In the Project Manager, right-click on ""VPEVCL5.BPL"
- In the popup-menu chose "Options"
- Chose "Linker"
- Click on "Generate All C++ Builder Files"
- Click ok
- In the Project Manager, right-click on ""VPEVCL5.BPL"
- In the popup-menu chose "Install"

For C++ Builder Projects, the IDE inserts a line like "#pragma link "VPE_VCL"" to your source codes. Change this line to "#pragma link "VPEVCL.LIB""

That's it.
IDEAL Software Support

Not working

Postby iware » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:22 am

I cannot make this work. :cry:

I have followed the instructions and the VPE component is installed.
I started a new Delphi VCL Form project. I just dropped the VPE component on the form and added the ..\vpe_s32.350\Delphi directory to the search path. It compiled and run as it should. :D

When doing the same in C++ it does not work. It compiles and links but ends with an access violation at 0x00008fb4 when run.

I have added the ..\vpe_s32.350\Delphi directory to both the compiler path and the library path.

I am supposed to change "#pragma link "VPE_VCL" to "#pragma link "VPEVCL.LIB". There is no such file in the system. There is the file VPEVCL5.LIB in the ..\vpe_s32.350\Delphi directory. Is that the one I shall use?

It does not matter if I exclude the pragma statement or not. I get the same access violation error.
iware

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:37 pm

Well, here it works. Please follow our inbstructions exactly.

>>
I am supposed to change "#pragma link "VPE_VCL" to "#pragma link "VPEVCL.LIB". There is no such file in the system. There is the file VPEVCL5.LIB in the ..\vpe_s32.350\Delphi directory. Is that the one I shall use?
<<

If you don't get any linker errors you do not need to insert the pragma. If you do get one, use the vpevcl5.lib (we already changed here something, so the name here is vpevcl.lib, excuse me).

Is the VPE VCL component shown in the toolbox under the "System" section? Do you place the control on a form, or are you creating an instance by code?

You can send an e-mail to our support e-mail address and we will send you a project file for BDS2006.

Regards
Thorsten Radde
IDEAL Software GmbH
IDEAL Software Support

Postby iware » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:23 pm

Yes,

The VCL component is in the toolbox. As I said, I am able to drop the component on a form in a Delphi project and compile and run without errors.

When I do the same in a C++ project it also compiles without errors but when run I get the access violation error. It is a new project with a form that only contains the VPE component.
Can the reason be remains from my attempts to install VPE the "old" way, that is the same as for BCB6?

I will send a request to your support for aBDS2006 project file.

/Ivar
iware

Return to VPE Open Forum