E-mail page by page help

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

E-mail page by page help

Postby uglyclown_ca » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:47 pm

Hi, I read all the info in the help file about the emailing code, i tested lots of stuff and its all good i got it working fine. But i still cant do what i want it to do, like many others i want to code a invoice report(that usualy carries hundreds of pages each of a new client). It works its just that say i insert my emailing code at the end of the loop, it sends the first page to the clients email adress, but then the second client its gonna send page 1 and page 2, the third client its gonna send him page 1,2,3. Because wheni execute MailDoc() its creates a temp file of the current document and sends it as an atachment, but i would need to be able to specify the starting point and ending point(begening and end of each page) so that it dosnt send the entire document everytime. Is there some way I can export/save the document specifing the start page and end page then simply atach the newly created document to my email or something like that? What would be the recomenced way to do what i want to do? Thanks alot

Im using VPE 3.60 by the way, and using it to create reports from a asp/sql website
uglyclown_ca

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:09 pm

VPE always mails the whole current document. Solution: create a single separate document for each e-mail.

Regards
Thorsten Radde
IDEAL Software GmbH
IDEAL Software Support

Return to VPE Open Forum