VpeSetBarcodeAutoChecksum hvp, ?

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

VpeSetBarcodeAutoChecksum hvp, ?

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:09 pm

Am I being very dumb; what do I need to do to pass True and False with VpeSetBarcodeAutoChecksum ?

Thanks
len doust
IDEAL Software Support

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:09 pm

I hope I did understand your question.

Call VpeSetBarcodeAutoChecksum(hDoc, TRUE) or VpeSetBarcodeAutoChecksum(hDoc, 1)
to enable automatic checksum calculation, and call

Call VpeSetBarcodeAutoChecksum(hDoc, FALSE) or VpeSetBarcodeAutoChecksum(hDoc, 0)
to disable automatic checksum calculation.

Did this help? Otherwise please explain your exact problem.

Regards
Thorsten Radde
IDEAL Software GmbH
IDEAL Software Support

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:11 pm

Thorsten,
I got into the normal loop. I tried the things you suggest as the first thing. However the PowerBasic compiler threw up errors "parameter mismatch, might need BYVAL" etc.

As I know VPE to be solid it took some time to realise I might not have support for the VpeSetBarcodeAutoChecksum call. I checked the INC file and there were no entries.

I added:
DECLARE SUB VpeSetBarcodeAutoChecksum LIB "vpex32.dll" ALIAS "VpeSetBarcodeAutoChecksum" (BYVAL hdoc AS LONG, BYVAL intyes_no AS INTEGER)

and
%intyes_no = -1

in the Barcodes constants section to get the function.

Question:
Who is responsible for maintaining the INC file in line with the VPE product. The one you distribute dated May 2000 for PowerBasic is obviously incomplete.

Regards
len
IDEAL Software Support

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:14 pm

The PowerBasic INC file was provided by a customer. It is provided "as-is" in the "Additional Downloads Section". We do not maintain the file and it is not part of the VPE setup package.

If you - or someone else - is interested in maintaining the file, we will be happy to cooperate with you and to upload any updates to the "Additional Downloads Section".

Regards
Thorsten Radde
IDEAL Software GmbH
IDEAL Software Support

Return to VPE Open Forum