The SDK online activation key could not be found

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

The SDK online activation key could not be found

Postby Bengt » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:46 pm

Today I got the message "The SDK online activation key could not be found" when trying to print a VPE document in the Studio. The document is not printed. This has worked for years. It works when the .exe is run, but not in the Studio. I have the same problem with DataFlex 19.1 and DataFlex 20.1 but not with DataFlex18.2. However, in 18.2, I use VPE 7.1, but using VPE 7.1 instead of 7.2 in newer DF Studious give the same activation key error.

I also tried VPE 7.2 in DF 18.2 and that worked.

I use the VPE classes from StarZen and Windows 10
Bengt

Re: The SDK online activation key could not be found

Postby Bengt » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:27 am

This problem seems to be bound to the computer, the one I use for program development. I copied the whole DataFlex workspace to another computer where I had used VPE 7.2 before, and on thet machine I don't get the error in DataFlex Studio.

Another curiousity; In DataFlex 18.2 where the VEP documents are printed, I get red text DEMO VERSION at the top of the printouts with VPE 7.2. The DEME VERSION text is also there when I run the .exe file. With VPE 7.1 there is no DEMO VERSION text.
Bengt

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:35 pm

On machines you are using for software development, you need to install the VPE SDK (Software Development Kit).

The error messages indicates that the VPE SDK is not installed.
IDEAL Software Support

Postby Bengt » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:06 pm

When I look in Control Panel/Programs and functions, I can see that Virtual Print Engine v7.20 Enterprise Edition .NET Components and Virtual Print Engine SDK v7.20 Enterprise Edition 32 bit are on my development computer where I get the error. On the other machine where VPE works in DF Studio, I have the same programs installed but version 7.10.

Do you mean that I shall uninstall VPE on the development machine and re-install it?
Bengt

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:16 pm

You can give it a try to uninstall and install the SDK. But in fact what you describe, using different versions of DataFlex where one works and the other doesn't, sounds strange. We don't know DataFlex, so we can not really know what the cause is. We also don't know how you license VPE within your application. Is DF .NET driven? Or are you using the ActiveX of VPE? Are you using the VPE DLL and call VpeLicense() anywhere? It might be better to contact Starzen for support on this issue.
IDEAL Software Support

Return to VPE Open Forum