VpeWebEnterprise keeps showing demo banner

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

VpeWebEnterprise keeps showing demo banner

Postby Skov_K » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:14 pm

Hi

Im not able to get rid of the demo banner when running my web application on production server.
It works fine on development pc where VPEE paid version is installed.

I have added the VpeWebEnterprise component to an aspx page and the license.licx file was automatically created in the projects Properties folder.

VPEE3271.dll and vJavaScript3271.dll is placed in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 at the server

I have tried with license.licx in web site bin folder and in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64.

The VPE is displayed using the ActiveX. If I display a VPE generated on my dev machine there no demo banner, so its not the ActiveX that cause the problem I guess.

The procedure here http://idealsoftware.com/opensource/net-licensing.html is for VpeEnterprise and cannot be used with VpeWebEnterprise

Please advise how to find the reason.

Thanks. Lars
Skov_K

Re: VpeWebEnterprise keeps showing demo banner

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:03 am

What does "The VPE is displayed using the ActiveX." mean exactly? Are you using the .NET control or the ActiveX?

Why can the code shown at http://idealsoftware.com/opensource/net-licensing.html not be used for the WebControl of VPE?
IDEAL Software Support

Postby Skov_K » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:53 am

Q: What does "The VPE is displayed using the ActiveX." mean exactly? Are you using the .NET control or the ActiveX?

A: A vpe file is written to disk using the VpeWebEnterprise and then the user is redirected to a print preview page that loads the file by providing a url to the activeX.
So I create the file using the .NET component and afterwards viewing the file using the ActiveX.

Q: Why can the code shown at http://idealsoftware.com/opensource/net-licensing.html not be used for the WebControl of VPE?

A: The License method expects a Component, but VpeWebControl is a Control
Code: Select all
VpeWebControl ctrl = new VpeWebControl();
Licenser.IdealLicenseManager.License(ctrl);

Compiler error
The best overloaded method match for 'Licenser.IdealLicenseManager.License(System.ComponentModel.Component)' has some invalid arguments
cannot convert from 'IDEALSoftware.VpeWebEnterprise.VpeWebControl' to 'System.ComponentModel.Component'

I the meantime I have solved the problem.
I had to install the licensed version of Vpe Enterprise on our build server because it the one generating the output files = embed the license information.
Its obvious, but I didn't think of it before.
Skov_K

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:07 am

Thanks for the updated information. Yes, the licensed component must be available on the build system, that is correct.
IDEAL Software Support

Return to VPE Open Forum