PreviewWindow is frozen

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

PreviewWindow is frozen

Postby klax » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:39 pm

Hello,

I'm using VPE 6.10 within Visual Basic 6 and .PreviewDoc to open the PreviewWindow. The compiled programm is running on Win 10 Pro.
Often the PreviewWindows hangs. To scroll to a next page, clicking in the pagescroller in the statusbar, is not possible. Also unsuccessfull is ist, to close the PrevieWindow clicking on the ViewClose button. Is there an incompatiblilty of VPE 6.10 and Win 10 pro or why is the PreviewWindow frozen?

It only happens on one system, bust it bothers our customers a lot.

Friendly
klax
klax

Re: PreviewWindow is frozen

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:31 am

v6.10 is from the year 2012 and no longer supported. Despite that, we have no other customer reporting such a problem. Is the parent form responsive? Sounds like a frozen Windows message queue.
IDEAL Software Support

Postby klax » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:19 pm

I have to come back to the problem described above.

It still happens to our customer, though he has switched from Win 10 32 bit to Win 64 bit. I can reproduce the error in a development environment (Win 10, VisualBasic 6 and VPE 6.10):
the PreviewWindow open by .Preview or .PreviewDoc is not clickable. Sometimes it's the first preview, sometimes the second, sometimes the fifth ... If you switch to another window with ALT TAB and back again, the preview menu bar is clickable. The form from where the preview is started is responsive.

I would be very grateful if you could tell me why.

Friendly
klax

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:29 am

VPE versions prior to v7.10 have no clearance for Win 10. The problem should be solved in the current version v7.20.

You can try this with the trial version, which can be installed safely side-by-side with v6.10 (or any other version).
IDEAL Software Support

Return to VPE Open Forum