Blank pages

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

Blank pages

Postby ZensoftBelgiumHZ » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:49 pm

I hope someone can help. We have a problem while printing some reports. One user on a customers server can't print some reports. When he prints, the printer only prints blank pages. The preview shows the correct report, but when printed he gets empty pages.

I even have saved the report as .VPE-file for testing. When the user opens that vpe-file with the vpeviewer and prints it, same result : empty pages. The other users can print without problems.
VPE 7.1 is installed on a terminal server. We use the VPE-control version 7.1. When the user prints with VPE7.0 dll (not the control) the report is printed fine.
Also when the report is printed in a PDF-writer it's OK. And when I transfer the .VPE-file from the customers server to my PC and print it using the VPE-viewer everything also prints like it should be.

It's a weird problem. This report that gives problems doesn't use a .PRS-file to read/save printersettings. Report that use .PRS-settings don't give problems while printed. Maybe there is a bug in our conversion of the .dll-version to the vpe-control version, but why only for one person/PC and not for the other users on the same server?

Any advice/help?
ZensoftBelgiumHZ

Re: Blank pages

Postby ZensoftBelgiumHZ » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:51 am

ZensoftBelgiumHZ wrote:I hope someone can help. We have a problem while printing some reports. One user on a customers server can't print some reports. When he prints, the printer only prints blank pages. The preview shows the correct report, but when printed he gets empty pages.

I even have saved the report as .VPE-file for testing. When the user opens that vpe-file with the vpeviewer and prints it, same result : empty pages. The other users can print without problems.
VPE 7.1 is installed on a terminal server. We use the VPE-control version 7.1. When the user prints with VPE7.0 dll (not the control) the report is printed fine.
Also when the report is printed in a PDF-writer it's OK. And when I transfer the .VPE-file from the customers server to my PC and print it using the VPE-viewer everything also prints like it should be.

It's a weird problem. This report that gives problems doesn't use a .PRS-file to read/save printersettings. Report that use .PRS-settings don't give problems while printed. Maybe there is a bug in our conversion of the .dll-version to the vpe-control version, but why only for one person/PC and not for the other users on the same server?

Any advice/help?

Problem solved. When we read and save settings in .PRS file for that specific report like we do for most of our reports (and don't let VPE use the default printer) and use printoption 'PRINT_NO_AUTO_PAGE_DIMS' everything works fine.
ZensoftBelgiumHZ

Return to VPE Open Forum