ALIGN_LEFT_CUT does'nt work when exporting to graphics file

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

ALIGN_LEFT_CUT does'nt work when exporting to graphics file

Postby Andi.Wieland » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:21 pm

Hy,

I have a problem with VPE V3.10 (VCL-Version with Delphi 5). We use the "PictureExportPage"-Function to create TIF-images which are then archived in a Document Management System.
The problem ist that "TextAlignment := ALIGN_LEFT_CUT" works fine in the preview and when printing to a printer but when exporting the Report to the TIF-file the text ist not cut at the right border of the output rectangle. Instead VPE prints the WHOLE text in one line. This behaviour is independant of the type of the image file (I tried JPG, GIF, BMP and TIF with the same result).
We quickly need to find a solution for this since the created image-files are used aus archived documents (invoices).

Thanks for any support!

Andi Wieland
am-Computersysteme GmbH
Andi.Wieland

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:14 pm

VPE v3.10 was released about 5 years ago and is no longer maintained. I recommend to update to the most current v3.60.

Note: the flag ALIGN_LEFT_CUT was removed 4 years ago with VPE v3.20. Since then (early 2001), text is automatically cut if it does not fit into the given rectangle. Therefore v3.60 will fix your problem.

Regards
Thorsten Radde
IDEAL Software GmbH
IDEAL Software Support

Return to VPE Open Forum