VB 2013: Load the VPE. Net Control into the toolbox

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

VB 2013: Load the VPE. Net Control into the toolbox

Postby klax » Thu May 21, 2015 3:09 pm

Hello,

i want to use VPE Enterprise Edition 6.1.1.0 (licensed version) together with Visual Basic 2013. Now I try to load the VPE . Net Control into the toolbox. In the list "Add references ..." appears only the VPE Engine ActiveX Contol Libray 6.10. But I need the VPE . Net Control. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for help.

Friendly
klax
klax

Re: VB 2013: Load the VPE. Net Control into the toolbox

Postby klax » Fri May 22, 2015 2:42 pm

I found a solution. First tests go. I'll continue examining.

Friendly
Klax
klax

Re: VB 2013: Load the VPE. Net Control into the toolbox

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Tue May 26, 2015 12:41 pm

It is explained in the help file titled "Programmer's Manual", chapter "Installation", subchapter "Installing the VPE .NET Component".

For convenience, I copy it here:

After SETUP has been executed successfully, the .NET component is already installed on system level. It is then available for all .NET development applications.

In order to place the VpeControl component onto the Toolbox of Visual Studio .NET, do the following: Click onto the Toolbox, then "Components". Afterwards right click and choose "Add/Remove Items". In newer versions of Visual Studio the menu entry is labeled "Choose Items". A dialog will appear. Scroll down until you see "VpeControl". Click the checkbox to activate it. Afterwards click "Ok" to close the dialog. The VpeControl icon will appear in the Toolbox under the "Components" category.
IDEAL Software Support

Return to VPE Open Forum