VPE6 CITRIX

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

VPE6 CITRIX

Postby jmac12 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:15 am

Hi,

I created a thread a while a go viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1139&p=2986&hilit=Citrix#p2986 about this issue. But at the time I couldn't have VPE6 installed on system were it was causing the issue.

Basically I installed VPE6 onto a CITRIX server and it worked fine but now for some reason I can't load the ocx into control frame with Open edge 10.2b.
The session just dies.

Is there a way to check that everything is OK with OCX? The way i have fixed this before is to unregistered the file then re register it but that doesn't help me work out why it keeps happening.

I find the object name in the registry which would indicate its still "registered" .

Any help on working out whats going on would be a great help. Just cant understand why it was working for a whole day and the stops working for no reason
jmac12

Re: VPE6 CITRIX

Postby jmac12 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:47 am

I've just seen that the OCX file has a different modified date on it that I expected. It looks like the file has been modified somehow so I've set the file to read only in the hope this will stop this error happening.
jmac12

Re: VPE6 CITRIX

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:12 pm

A few weeks ago we have tested our ActiveX once again for COM compliance, and it works as it should. I can only repeat that the problem you describe is not related to our product. It seems this is a generic problem, regarding machine configuration or something alike.

We can help you solve the problem by in-depth remote analysis of the machine that causes problems, but this is only possible in the context of our premium support. You can contact our support e-mail address for further discussion.
IDEAL Software Support

Return to VPE Open Forum