Picture embed in Template/in Finale Document

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

Picture embed in Template/in Finale Document

Postby Hans Fuchs » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:11 pm

Hello,

i'm using an Interactive Edition 6.10 and want to embed Bitmap-Pictures in Templates.
My Templates are saved in a Database.

In dycodoc 2.2 (Picture-Style Section) there are the Options "Embed in Template" and "Embed in Final Document".
I haven't found any Description about these Options in your Documentation, please explain.

I assumed that "Embed in Template" fulfils that Task.
It works fine in my development environment (Delphi 2010), but on a User-Installion one can only see a crossed rectangle.
The sequence is:
1. VPEngine.OpenDoc
2. VPEngine.License(...)
3. VPEngine.LoadTemplate(...)
4. VPEngine.Preview

Where is the error?
Hans Fuchs

Re: Picture embed in Template/in Finale Document

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:13 am

The meaning of the properties is:

• Embed in Template: Embed the picture into DCD and TPL files.
  • Link To Original File: If the original file is updated, update the picture in DCD and TPL files (when the DCD is loaded into dycodoc, and afterwards saved).
  • Embed in Final Document: When using WriteDoc() in your code, the picture will be embedded into VPE files.

It works fine in my development environment (Delphi 2010), but on a User-Installion one can only see a crossed rectangle.

We tested it today and confirm that this is a bug. The property 'Embed in Template' is not handled correctly. The fix will be made available with VPE v7.0, which will be released in several weeks from now. Customers, who recently purchased VPE v6.10, will receive the update free of charge.
IDEAL Software Support

Return to VPE Open Forum