Demobanners by calling class library from WPF

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

Demobanners by calling class library from WPF

Postby Scorch » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:13 am

Hello,

I'm having some issues using the VPE Version 6.10.
My environment is Visual Studio Enterprise 2010, Framework 3.5.

Basically I have two applications. One WPF-application and the other one a class library. I'm using the WPF for grabbing and altering some information from my database. Then I give this data to the class library by calling its method with the data as parameters. The library then goes ahead and creates a PDF as well as an VPE document from it. Problem is, both documents show the demo banners.

Strange thing is, when I use a test class imbedded into the VS Solution of my class library to call the print method of the library, it's printing the documents without demo banners.

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to imbed the VPE into the WPF application though its not used by the WPF but just for calling the class library?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Scorch

Re: Demobanners by calling class library from WPF

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:47 pm

When using VPE from .NET, you need to make sure that the .NET licensing mechanism is triggered.

In regular, you need to add the "licenses.licx" file to your project.

Please see here for an in-depth discussion: http://www.idealsoftware.com/opensource/net-licensing.html
IDEAL Software Support

Postby Scorch » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:38 pm

So it is required to register the VPE on my WPF-application even though it does not call the VPE directly but the class library which uses the VPE? Because printing from the class library without calling it from the WPF works just fine.
Scorch

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:33 pm

We would need to see, what "class library" exactly means. And how you call it, when no demo banners appear. But this is out of the scope of our free support.

To make things short: We did not design the licensing mechanism of .NET. It has been invented by Microsoft. You should try to add the licx file to your WPF application, and see if it works then.
IDEAL Software Support

Return to VPE Open Forum