Rotating a part of a printed page by 108 degrees.

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

Rotating a part of a printed page by 108 degrees.

Postby Bengt » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:51 am

I need to print some labels, punched with 6 labels on A4 sheets where three of them makes up the upper half of the sheet with small holes near the top, and the other three are on the lower half with their holes near the bottom. The lower half of the sheet is thus a mirror image of the upper half.

The simple solution would be to first to print the upper half and then turn the sheets around and send them through the printer a second time to print the lower half. But this is not a good way. Many labels shall be printed and as they are punched on a tick paper with plastic in it, there is a considerable risk for problems by print-out.

There are about 15 objects printed on each label, two bitmaps, a bar code and about 10 text fields, one of these with many lines and varying text length. I know it is possible to rotate each of these objects individually, but then new coordinates must be computed which is complicated in this case. The elegant way would be first to print the upper three labels and then print that half page again rotated 180 degrees on the lower half of the sheet. But I haven’t found such a possibility in VPE

What would be the best way to print these labels?

Bengt
Bengt

Re: Rotating a part of a printed page by 108 degrees.

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:49 am

This is a very special requirement. You need to rotate each text, bitmap, etc. individually, there is no other way around.
IDEAL Software Support

Return to VPE Open Forum