Did Chart Methods Change?

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

Did Chart Methods Change?

Postby Patrick » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:12 pm

Just updated from v6.0 to v6.1R1 Professional edition. My existing forms do not now recognise chart methods (they worked great b4 update): IE ChartDataSetXAxisTitle - says this is not a meber of VPE methods (ActiveX control). When I look at the Chart methods in my development env. it only shows Chart, and ChartDataCreate? Where are the rest of the Chart methods? What am I missing!?

This is on a 64 bit Windows 7 box.

Thank you,
Pat
Patrick

Re: Did Chart Methods Change?

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:30 am

If you look into the help files or into the release notes, you'll find documented that the ChartDataCreate() method of the VPE ActiveX returns since v6.10 an object of type TVPEChartData - instead of a handle. The methods you are missing are now members of TVPEChartData. This was a required step forward to the upcoming 64-bit version. It also makes the API much more consistent.
IDEAL Software Support

Postby Patrick » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:51 pm

ok, I found the instructions in the manual, but I cannot define the TVPEChartData variable (dim Data as TVPEChartData)? My dev env (LAnsa) does not give me the choice for this variable (says TVPEChartData is undefined)

Do I define it as an 8 digit Integer (Long - right?) This did not work either?

How else can I define this variable?

Thank you,
Pat
Patrick

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:38 pm

For example, in C# a type exported by the VPE COM object is accessed like this: VPECTRLLib.TVPEChartData data = Doc.ChartDataCreate(2, 4);

This is only an example, .NET users should always use our native .NET component. For your programming language "LANSA", we do not know how it makes use of COM objects. Please consult your manuals, or contact tech support of "LANSA".
IDEAL Software Support

Return to VPE Open Forum