Preview StatusText truncation

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

Preview StatusText truncation

Postby Brent Rose » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:53 am

I'm wanting to display the filename of the report being previewed in the StatusSegment (perfect place for it) by setting StatusText.

However, the StatusSegment width appears to be arbitrarily limited (same width as ProgressBar) so the text is always truncated, even though there is plenty of spare form width.

Is there any way to get the StatusSegment to use the entire remaining form width (which would seem logical)?

If not, then one for the suggestion box :-)

Thanks.
Brent Rose

Re: Preview StatusText truncation

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:08 pm

We do not plan to change or resize the status segment. You can always embed the VPE preview window within your own window, so you can add additional controls to your own host window - where you can display for example the long file name. It is even possible to hide VPE's status bar and toolbar.
IDEAL Software Support

Postby Brent Rose » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:49 pm

Thanks - that is exactly what I have had to do. It does waste some vertical real estate, of course, whereas (as mentioned) the StatusSegment would otherwise be the perfect location for showing the report file name... Shame it cannot be fixed, but never mind :-)
Brent Rose

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:55 am

Ok, after thinking a second time about it, you convinced us that this feature makes sense. VPE v6.20 will size the status bar segment according to the size of the preview window. The progress bar will not resize. Please do not ask when v6.20 will be released, we are currently working on the release of v6.10 R1, i.e. a service release of v6.10.
IDEAL Software Support

Return to VPE Open Forum