WriteDocPageRange

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

WriteDocPageRange

Postby Brutus » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:39 pm

Hello everyone !

I have a question with the function WriteDocPageRange. I have the version 4.0.0.5427 of VPE.

I'm trying to save a pdf document through a network drive to my other computer but the file is not created. There is no problem saving this pdf to my computer but not on the network as I want to do.
I have full privilege on my network drive and I'm running Internet explorer 9.0 with Administrative privilege as well.

Is there a way to do this ?

Thanks
Brutus

Re: WriteDocPageRange

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:40 am

What edition of VPE are you using? WriteDocPageRange() is only supported by the Professional Edition and higher.

If you are using the Professional Edition or higher: what value has the property VPE.LastError after calling WriteDocPageRange()?

Finally: please download the current trial version of VPE v6.10 and see if the problem does still exist.
IDEAL Software Support

Postby Brutus » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:37 pm

Thanks for the response.

I have the Professionnal version.

I've tried the demo version of VPE 6.10 and I have the same problem. When I try to save it to my computer there is no problem.
On the network, i have the error #202.
Brutus

Postby Brutus » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:44 pm

I've juste made a test and in this test it is working fine.

I replace my network drive with "\\\\MyServer\\MyFolder\\test.pdf" and my document is correctly saved.

I don't know why a network drive doesn't work.
Brutus

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:13 am

VPE works without problems with network drives. You either have a problem with permissions, or your server is not capable of handling the file open mode "Share Deny Write". We tested it with a Samba server and it works fine.
IDEAL Software Support

Return to VPE Open Forum