2 DIN A5 Labels on 1 DIN A4 Paper

Knowledge exchange related to dycodoc, the visual form and document designer

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

2 DIN A5 Labels on 1 DIN A4 Paper

Postby KHentschel » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:53 am

Hello,

i have create a DIN A5 Label with DycoDoc 2.2. The output goes to a Laserprinter with 2 DIN A5 Labels on 1 DIN A4 Page. How could i manage it to make only a PageBreak after 2 Labels.
Thanks for the help

Best regards
Klaus Hentschel
KHentschel

Re: 2 DIN A5 Labels on 1 DIN A4 Paper

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:37 am

Define all objects within a template as direct or indirect top-margin dependent. Indirect dependent means, objects are dependent to other objects and the topmost object of this dependency chain is top-margin dependent. Best, you set the top margin in the template to zero.

You can either define the page format of the template to be A4 or A5. If using A5, then set <Template>.Master = false in VPE after calling LoadTemplate().

If the top margin in the template is not zero, set the top margin of the VPE document to the value defined in the template with: VPE.nTopMargin = TemplatePage.nTopMargin. Now dump the template the first time into the VPE document. Afterwards set TopMargin = 29.7 / 2 (i.e. half height of A4) + TemplatePage.nTopMargin (if the top margin in the template is not zero) and dump the template a second time.

This way you could also create lists and tables.
IDEAL Software Support

Re: 2 DIN A5 Labels on 1 DIN A4 Paper

Postby KHentschel » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:37 am

Yes it works... MANY THANKS for your help
... but do not forget to set the Bottom to Relativ (Height) ;-)
KHentschel

Return to DCD Open Forum