VPE 4.0 R4 Licensing

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

VPE 4.0 R4 Licensing

Postby Mark Powers » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:12 pm

I downloaded R4 after receiving the update notice (vpex32.exe). Per recommendations, I uninstalled the previous 4.0 install. When running the install, it does not ask for the registration information. I have tried multiple things to resolve - uninstall and delete the installed directory, restarted the machine, powered the machine off, installing over the previous version. Now I'm about out of things to try. I read the post form several weeks ago where someone had this same problem but no real resolution. This is not the trial version downloaded, but the version downloaded from the portal.

Please help getting this udpated!
Mark Powers
Mark Powers

VPE licensing

Postby JayC » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:15 pm

I had the exact same problem. I was able to get the installation wizard to ask for the key again after deleting the registry entries for IDEAL Software in both HKCU and HKLM.
JayC

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:33 am

We had thought the past issue was a one-time issue, which we had solved by private e-mail.

Since we are installing and uninstalling here for testing purposes hundreds of times without problems, this is really interesting. We will investigate this issue and post new information as it is available.
IDEAL Software Support

Return to VPE Open Forum