ActiveX License Issues

Knowledge exchange related to the VPE Report Engine and PDF Library

Moderator: IDEAL Software Support

ActiveX License Issues

Postby travisb » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:27 pm

Hello, I'm working with VPE 7.0 in Windows 10. I am trying to add the ActiveX library to a Progress OpenEdge 11.6 program and I am receiving a "The SDK online activation key could not be found." whenever I try to call OpenDoc. There is currently only one member of my team who does not have this issue while the rest do. I haven't been able to find a correlation except for the fact that his machine has never had 6.10 installed on it while the rest of us have at one point had it installed.

Do you guys have any ideas of what might be the issue? Thanks!
travisb

Re: ActiveX License Issues

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:06 am

This sounds like the VPE SDK (Software Development Kit) is not installed. Just copying the DLLs and registering the ActiveX for software development purposes violates the license agreement. For software development, each developer requires to use a separate license. Please see the license agreement, and acquire as many licenses, as developers are using the VPE SDK.
IDEAL Software Support

Postby travisb » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:51 pm

I should have clarified a bit, sorry. We do have seats for each developer and each were installed/reinstalled via the sdk installer and activated successfully against your licensing server. It just appears that it is unable to load it's licensing information during run/compile time.
travisb

Postby IDEAL Software Support » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:50 am

Please contact our support directly via e-mail, so we can send you a diagnostic tool.
IDEAL Software Support

Return to VPE Open Forum